So, what has been going on for the past 8 days? Well, besides working a lot of overtime at work, I have been putting quite a bit of time in the gym as well. I have been following a new outline provided to me by a person I respect very highly.
I have also included Niox into my pre workout supps. It is a nitrous oxide supplement that basically helps with blood flow to the muscles, therefore being able to lift more. I have seen new highs in some of my lifts, but more than that, I have also see the ability to do more as I'm lifting.
I am still including cardio into my immediate post work out regime as well. Typically, I do either elliptical or spinner bike for 30 mins after, and occassionally i run on the treadmill as well. Much like with weight lifting, so goes with cardio. In order to see results you need to change up the routine, or else your body will get into a groove, and a rut and not only seeing, but getting results will start to plateau.
As far as the dieting goes. I have recently been advised to start cutting more carbs out because I am trying to lose more body fat, but keep the lean muscle mass. I have also been pointed towards using another supplement. For now, I will keep that to myself and see if any results can been seen as a result of adding it into my daily diet. Also, I am still maintaining my 1 day a week as a cheat day. Its a day where I put all worries with regard to my diet and eat whatever I want, WITHIN proper proportions. It's not a free day to act like a horse with a a food bag over it's mouth. I still need to be responsible in my eating proportions, even on my cheat days.
Most of my diet is still including, fruits, vegetables, chicken, wheat tortillas to make wraps with, one of my favorites in my diet... spinach, and a lot and a lot of water, with MIO added into it, or just plain water. One of my other favorite items in my diet has to be sweet potatoes. They taste so yummy!
Now, for today's cheat meal/day, I really splurged. For a snack, I had some chex mix. For dinner tonight we ate at applebee's. I ordered some 4 oz sirloin steaks, loaded mashed taters, I had 2 mozzarella sticks and some french onion soup as an appetizer and to wash all of this down, I had a long island ice tea and a shot of Jack Daniels.
I know I know, I spoke earlier that I was going to forgo alcohol, and I have and will. However, I had just a small amount to have because it is my cheat day, and it will probably be about another 6 weeks or longer before I even touch it again.
Other than that, things have been going well. The weight has been maintaining the same, however I am seeing some results in tone and definition in my muscles. As I also just recently found out, that there is an actual number of muscle vs fat weight. Muscle apparently weighs almost 3x's the amount as fat. So, 1 lb of fat is about the same amount of 3 lbs of muscle. So, that helps put quite a few things into perspective for me with regards to weight loss vs muscle.
Till the next day or so, I hope that this journal that I am jotting down will help others who may or may not be traveling down this road themselves and appear to be stuck or in a rut.
No comments:
Post a Comment