So, for today... it started out as a typical Saturday, except for the fact that I went to the gym. I swapped my workout days due to the fact that I missed them earlier in the week due to a busy schedule and having to do running around.
My pre-workout consisted of 1 package of Peaches and Cream oatmeal and Lunatic Lemonade Hemo Rage U.C.
At the gym, I chose to do leg day followed up by a 30 min cardio session. Most people will tell you to not do cardio on leg days, but if you choose the proper type of cardio, I don't see why you can't. Just don't run. My leg workout routine was: Laying leg extensions, seated calf raises, leg presses, and quad extensions. After that, I did hip abductor's and adductor's after that to exercise that hard to work area. After the leg work out, I did a 15 min row session followed by a 15 min spin cycle session.
My post work out meal was 2 banana's and 2 scoops of Pro-Gram Vanilla protein. The banana's were primarily to help with the post work out pain, and to get potassium back into my system.
Then after awhile, Melissa and I started cooking dinner. We had steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and asparagus. Fried up some onions and squash with a fat free, calorie free butter flavored cooking spray, and some broiled chicken. We seasoned the vegetables with what I call the no salt salt ( or fake salt ); pepper and Mrs. Dash.
The chicken was seasoned with the same stuff I believe. Truth be told, I didn't do much of the seasoning, I was too busy cutting up vegetables and cleaning up the kitchen as we were going.
Melissa made a broccoli soup by taking the stalks/stems of the broccoli, dicing them up and mixing them with 1 can of chicken broth and 1 can of cream of chicken soup. Stirring occasionally, let it cook for about 20 mins. Folks, let me tell ya, it was something good.
For dessert, I made 1 packet of fat free, sugar free jello chocolate pudding with 3 cups of non fat milk. Took a tumbler size glass ( roughly 6 ounces ), and layered the bottom of it with some non fat whipped cream, then took some more of the non fat whipped cream and layered the all four sides of the glass. Then, i took 2 scoops from a 1/3 cup measuring cup of the non fat chocolate pudding and poured it into the glass. To top it off, I added a small glob of the non fat whipped cream and placed it on top of the chocolate. I placed the glasses in the freezer for about an hour. Eat and enjoy!
It is so delicious and it was great to be able to enjoy a dessert and not have to feel guilty about it. Sorry, but there is no picture of the dessert to add, but there is a picture of the dinner.
Now mind y'all, I was unable to eat this entire portion for obvious reasons, and quite frankly that is another thing that dieting is all about-portion control.
No comments:
Post a Comment