( WEDNESDAY DAY 2)
Today was a rest day from the gym, however I still need to get cardio done, as well as with Thursday.
One of the hardest things for me currently is having to fight the temptations of when I'm home and having the quick ability to snack on unhealthy foods. I understand that I have to eat 6-7 times a day, but I'm talking about the in between meal snacks.
The conflict for me is that I do not feel that I should control what my family has in the house food wise just because of my lack of self control and discipline. So, what is the solution to the problem? Increase self discipline, and grab that glass/jug of water. It is a great way to fill up the belly, and overcome that desire to want to snack.
Last night's ( Tuesday ) gym time was effective and very different. The biggest change I saw was that I under estimated the weight in which I could effectively train at. What I am getting at here is, I thought for certain exercises I could only do say 30 lbs effectively, and when I attempted the same exercise at 50 lbs and was able to maintain all the needed elements to perform the exercise properly. Definately a good thing to see the my strength increasing.
I did add a new aspect to my pre-workout routine; Oatmeal. By adding in oatmeal with my typical pre-workout supplement ( Hemo Rage UC ), I felt an even greater ability to lift more, and heavier. It gave a sense of more energy, more strength continuously throughout the workout, and a better recovery time after the workout. It's not a heavy meal by any means, and taking it at that 30-45 min mark before hitting the gym, makes it extremely useful by the time you start getting into your workout. At least for me, that is what I experienced.
As I am back on the diet and meal plan that I was on a few short months ago, getting everyone around me in my immediate life to remember that will obviously take time and therefore I must be patient with the transition phase. When people are so used to me being willing to eat just about whatever, even though in small portion, it's unrealistic of me to expect people to accept the fact over night, that there are certain things now that I just won't eat.
One of the things that I have recently introduced to my diet more now is fiber, and let me tell ya something, that definitely has been an eye opener on what it does!
As I am starting this 5 month journey, I've also made the mental decision to make some other changes that are not necessarily needed, but more on the lines of me wanting to do it to help give me that extra push forward to achieve my goal. The first item that I've decided to eliminate alcohol ( all types ). The major reasons for this is that alcohol is unwanted carbs and empty calories. Secondly, most alcohol transfers into sugar once it's been digested. The second item that I've decided to cut out are sugary drinks ( ie soda pop and my recent favorite, energy drinks ) The reasons why, again unwanted calories and too much sugar. However, I just recently found that Monster makes an absolute zero energy drink. It has zero calories, and zero sugar. It is basically a flavored drink with caffeine and vitamins.
( THURSDAY DAY 3 )
Not much occurred today as far as exercise went. Our day was mostly driving around, getting things done that needs to be done on pay days. As we left the house, I ensured that I did take with me plenty of water to drink so that I avoided the need to stop at a fast food joint and be tempted to get a soda pop or a different sugary drink ( ie lemonade, teas, etc etc ) while we were out and about. I also brought along with me a container of granola in case I had the desire to want to snack on some other quick food source.
However, while we were out and about, we did stop by Chik-Fil-a or however you spell it and I was not going to get anything until I noticed that they have 3 different types of wraps you can get now. I ended up going with a grilled chicken wrap with fat free honey mustard dressing to go with it. No fries, no drink ( remember, I brought my water with me ). The wrap was very filling and tasted great.
To date, when I started this adventure, I was weighing roughly 185 lbs. As I started this new project, I had annotated that I wanted to lose 20 lbs, well, the new goal is 25 lbs. This morning when I weighed myself, I am now currently at 178 lbs. i started this whole adventure actually on the 29th of October, but it took me 2 days to think if I was going to go through the whole daily blog of events, etc etc, or just keep it a quiet journey. I decided to go ahead and maintain a daily blog in hopes that others might read it, and possibly find answers to some questions that they have had but are too afraid to ask others, or just inspire some who want to shed a few pounds to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment