Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nov 20-Dec 2. Days 20-32

   So, here we are again, meeting once again in between a good size duration of separation. For that, I whole heartily, like every other time, apologize. Doing a daily blog on things that for the most part are going to be absolutely boring to you as the reader, will eventually kill any and all desire from others to want to see what I am doing and what progress I am making or not making. So, with that, I have decided to go to a once a week blog. My intention is to have it posted on Sundays, to basically recap the week prior. The only difference that SHOULD be affecting this plan is the Sunday Dec 4th post. After I post todays blog, I don't see a need to post another one the very next day with menial information just to help me get on the course that I am needing to be on. So, having said that, after this blog post, my next one will be on Dec. 11th.
    So, to start things off, it's glad to be back. I'm excited that the Thanksgiving holidays are over simply because of all the food that people put in front of you. It makes it hard to stay on course of a diet when you have a buffet of food at your disposal. I planned a head however, and I made Thanksgiving Day my cheat day. That way, I could eat with family and friends, and not have any guilt.
     I'm sure a few who have read this are possibly concerned about my progression. Most likely, I will be posting some new pictures here in the near future, as an up to date picture more or less. However, lets talk about the progression aspect. Weight wise, I have not lost any more weight on the scale. However, changes have been noticed tremendously. More definition in the body for sure. A more defined appearance. My britches are fitting a lot looser now as well. I think I may have lost an inch or two in the waist easily. Talking to a friend of mine, he took one of the supplements that I am currently using, and within a 6 month period of time, by adding this one supplement into his daily life, he lost 4 inches in his waist, and never once exercised during that time frame. What is this new supplement you are asking yourself? Well, I am still going to keep that to myself for a little while longer to see if it is truly working for me as I am thinking it is.
     As I may have stated earlier, an individual that I hold very dear to my heart not only as a mentor, but that I call a dear friend explained to me that I need to get over the whole weight thing as a number. I need to look at it as how do I look in the mirror and how are my clothes fitting me. Especially since muscle weighs roughly 3 times more than fat does. SO, I pose the rhetorical question. Would I weigh even less than what the scales says I do now, if I didn't have the muscle I do now? If so, how much less would I weigh?
      Now, lets talk about the progression in the gym. Major milestones have been taking place folks, Major milestones. I've set new PR's ( personal records ) in shoulder shrugs, leg presses, fore-arm curls, leg extensions, preacher curls, bi-cep curls, tricep push downs, tricep pull downs, and I'm sure there are more too, but I've been setting some new ones so much, that I can't even remember them all! My shoulder shrug alone was merely impressive to me. I went from 90 lb dumbbells to 95 lbs. Wow, you might say.. a whopping 5 lbs. Yeah, but 2-3 weeks ago I was doing only 80 lbs. My leg press, I jumped up crazily! A week ago, I was only doing 240 lbs. My last leg day ( this past tuesday ) I was doing 300 lbs @ 3 x 10.
    I've been working on my lower body a lot lately, as with my core/lower back. Why the lower body so much? Well, a few things. I found myself being like a lot of other guys who only work out mostly what people call the " mirror muscles " ( meaning upper body ) and getting my lower body muscles from doing the running/cardio etc. However, as I sat around and thought about it and read some articles, I would benefit greatly from working my lower body muscles in a few ways. 1) for my job, I am required to do a run. Having stronger leg muscles should indicate that I would be able to run faster, or at least have a better stride due to the muscles being able to push harder. 2) Some of the largest single group muscles are in your lower body ( quads/hams/calves ). A good way to burn more calories, with weight training, and dieting, is to have the muscles burn more energy by having to repair themselves more, therefore your caloric burning lasts longer, ultimately losing body fat. 3) I really don't want to be off proportion when in the summer time I'm wearing shorts, and I have this decent upper body, and two toothpicks for legs! HAHA.
     The diet is still going well. Still sticking to the same foods, just changing them up some so I don't fall into a rut of a routine, and then fall down into the bottomless pit of boredom and then end up failing my diet, to which will end up in failing myself, and so many others who have looked to me for advice, and support, and who have themselves been extremely supportive to me in return. I won't do that to y'all, and so therefore I won't allow it to happen to myself. My staples are still the same though. Turkey, spinach, chicken, low carb tortillas, as pure as I can get wheat bread, with low calories/carbs as well. Lots and lots of water, occasionally the Monster Absolute Zero, a lot of fruits and vegetables, and as minimal of sugar as possible.
    A new item that I have added to my regime has been the adding of pre-natal pills. yes, I said pre-natal. They are saturated in minerals and vitamins. Things that the body needs in order to function at a normal level when trying to feed 2 ( meaning when a woman is pregnant and she is getting the minerals and vitamins that she and the baby need ).
     One last thing. I will talk about this next item, but realize that for those who know me, it could be construed as hypocrisy due to the fact that I have a hard time following it. It's rest. In order to see gains, you must give the body rest. You must sleep. It is one of the hardest things for me to do, mostly because I don't get much rest every day. Typically, I go on an average of about 4-6 hours. Sometimes less. However, if you want your body to receive gains overall, your muscles to recoup faster, and to see improvements, you have to get rest.
      On that note, I will close this blog for the past 12 days in saying, friends, family, and loved ones. Be good to yourself, be good to others. Let go of any drama that may be infecting your lives, and get rid of it. I am speaking from personal experience. Infested drama in our lives adds on weight and inches to our mid section. Drama in our lives is a cesspool of hate, disgust, negativity, and anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment