So another week has passed us by. Has it been good for you? It's been wonderful on my end.
I decided to take another week of resting. No weight training, no cardio, and just watching my intake and portion control. No weight gained, no weight lost. For once in this diet, I am ok with that. I added yet again, another supplement to my diet. Prenatal pills. Yes, you read that right, prenatal pills. They are so laced in vitamins and minerals that are healthy and good for you. They are a one a day dosage, so I am getting just the right amounts. I've also decided to let the cat out of the bag as it were on the other supplement that I've added to my regiment that I have been keeping so quiet about for so long. It's chromium picolinate. It's a metabolism booster, and I could tell within the first 48 hours of being on it, that things were changing. I found my brain wanting me to feed my belly more, but yet, I wasn't actually hungry. So what are some of the gains that I've seen from this chromium you might ask? Well, I have noticed that my pants are fitting loser in the midsection. I'm also noticing a change in my physique as well. Tone and definition are starting to make themselves manifest more as a lot of the after effects of my surgery are starting to fade away.
That has been the hardest thing for me to have to overcome physcologically this past year and change. When I look in the mirror and I see indentations in my face where my cheeks are, and around my eyes, and not see a rotund face with pudge.. yeah, I can notice and tell a difference in the weight loss. When I put my size 34 jeans on and remember that not too long ago I was wearing size 50's, yeah I can see the change in my weight loss. When I struggle with wearing a large because it fits a lil too tight around where my belly is, but that an XL size shirt is too big, yeah I can tell a difference because I used to be in 3X+ size shirts.
However, when I look down towards the ground and see the residual fat that is left over around my belly because of how much weight I lost in the short amount of time, I still see the old Shane, mentally. I've looked down at that large belly for so many years, that I still see it now. It too, can be changed, however finding the extra $5000-$6000 to pay for it is like trying to find a New York City cab in Las Vegas, Nevada. Though possible, its rather difficult. That has to be one of my ultimate biggest gripes with regards to insurance companies and gastric bypass surgery. Oh sure, they will pay the $20-25k for you to have the surgery for a better, healthier life, but the after care if you will, they consider cosmetic. Residual skin is going to be a side effect. Especially with my kind of surgery that I had.
Sorry, got off on a tangent there. Anyhow, yeah, having to deal with the physcologically after effects of my surgery often times make me digress back to mentally thinking that I have not lost an ounce of weight, and that I'm still the old fat shane.
On a good note though, I am going to be making a video of my training for Nutrex's Hemo Rage page. You can find it HERE . They have a monthly drawing if you will of people who post video's, and amoung the people who put video's up, they have a prize for each of the first 4 or 5 places. So, with Melissa's help, I'll be making the video here soon and posting it on that website by 1 Jan. I'll also post it on this as well. My prayer at that time, once I've posted it, is that I can get y'alls help and support by going to the video and voting for it. Voting can be done every 24 hours and even by different ip addresses ( ie comps, laptops, smart phones, etc etc! )
Now onto nutrition and diet. Melissa has been expierimenting lately with different receipes for my wraps, and I must admit, they have all been damn good. She made a carna asada wrap tonight for my supper, and suprisingly, it was really good. I'm still eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and doing water, water, water.
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment